~Cookin' In The Kitchen Since 2003~

Friday, January 18, 2013

Salsa Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe happened by accident but turned out to be REALLY good! LOVE recipes like that!
I was riffling through my fridge and cupboards trying to decide what to make for dinner the only meat I had was chicken, I REALLY need to go to the store, and I had tortillas so I though, chicken enchiladas. Except I didn't have green chilies or green enchilada sauce so I improvised! As long as the Mr. likes them, I will definitely make them again. :)
.
1 lb. chicken
2 cans cream chicken soup
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup rice {I used 1/2 a box of rice pilaf that needed to be used.}
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheese
1 cup milk
Flour tortillas
.
Place chicken, 1 can cream of chicken soup and salsa in a crockpot.
Cook on high 4-5 hours or until chicken shreds easily, then add another 1/2 can cream of chicken, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup of milk.
Stir well and continue to cook on low till cheese is melted.
.
Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/2 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup of milk together.
Spray the bottom and edges of a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
Fill tortilla shells with chicken mixture and roll.
Place in baking dish.
Continue till chicken mixture is gone.
Spoon sauce mixture over the top of filled tortillas.
Sprinkle on remaining 1 cup of cheese.
.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: