~Cookin' In The Kitchen Since 2003~

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Coconut Cupcakes

A few months ago I found a coconut cake mix, at the store, along with the coconut frosting.
I told my friend, who LOVES coconut and tries everything coconut at least once, about it and when she went to the store to get it,
they didn't have it.
So I went to see if they still had it at the store where I live and it was gone.
Like it never existed.
So, I got to thinking that I needed to try my own hand at coconut cup cakes.
WOW!
They turned out fantastic!

Also, my family makes a white cake, with green frosting and green colored coconut flakes, every year for our Easter picnic. On each piece we place 3 candy eggs. It is so fun and the kids love it. So I'm going to add a picture of that in case you would like to try it. It's such a fun tradition.


Cupcakes:
1 white cake mix
1 tsp coconut extract
1/4 cup white flour

Prepare cake mix according to directions.
Add coconut extract and 1/4 cup white flour.
Mix well.
Put muffins cups into muffin tins and fill 2/3 full, with cake batter.
Bake according to directions on back of cake box.

Frosting:
1 tub of white frosting
1 tsp. coconut extract
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes

Spoon frosting into a small bowl.
Add coconut extract and coconut flakes.
Mix well.

(If you would like,
you can toast some coconut under your oven's broiler, on high, for 2-3 mins.
Sprinkle on top of frosted cupcakes.)

No comments: