~Cookin' In The Kitchen Since 2003~

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zuppa Toscana Soup

Every time we go to The Olive Garden, my husband gets this soup and says, "You need to find a recipe for this."  I found this one and have heard really good things about it!  I can't wait to try it and see if he approves.

1  lb. Italian Sausage
4  Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1  yellow onion, chopped
2  tsp. minced garlic
2  cans chicken broth
4  cups water
1/4  tsp. crushed red pepper
4  slices of bacon, diced
1  cup whipping cream
2  cups fresh Kale
.
In a pot saute sausage and crushed red pepper together until browned.
Take out of pot and set aside.
In the same pot cook bacon, onion, and garlic for about 10 min.
Add the chicken broth, water and chopped potatoes.
Let simmer until potato is tender.
Add the cream, Kale, and sausage at the very end.
Heat through.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have this exact recipe, but I sub the cream for half and half, you can't even tell the difference, and it is a lot fewer calories. Also, I hate the cooking bacon smell, so I use a half of a jar of real bacon bits.