~Cookin' In The Kitchen Since 2003~

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stroganoff {poor mans stroganoff revamped.}

I have always used the same stroganoff recipe but have never loved it. It just lacked a little flavor. So the last few times I've made it I have played with the recipe. I came up with something I will definitely use from now on!

1 lb hamburger
1 onion, diced small
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp basil
2 garlic cloves
1 bag egg noodles
2 tsp Beef bouillon
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup reserved noodle water
.
Boil noodles according to directions along with 1 tsp beef bouillon added to water.
Brown hamburger with onion, salt and pepper, basil, and garlic.
Once hamburger is browned, add cream of mushroom soup and 1 tsp. beef bouillon, sour cream, and noodle water.
Stir in cooked noodles.

No comments: