~Cookin' In The Kitchen Since 2003~

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Healthy{er} "normal" Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have been searching for a good "healthier" version of a cookie for quit sometime. Some I will eat, but my family won't. And some, we have thrown in the garbage. {no joke} 
I think I solved our problem!!!
I love the taste of brown sugar in cookies, more than white granulated sugar, so these cookies are right up my alley! 
My husband loves a flatter cookie so these work for him too! 
And they are a healthier version of a "normal" chocolate chip cookie so they are perfect for the health nut in the family. {me} :) 
They also taste like a "normal" cookie so they are perfect for the whole darn family!! Yay!!
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulate white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla 
3/4 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground flax seed, optional
1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
1 cup chocolate chips {I used 1/2 semi sweet chocolate, 1/2 white chocolate}
.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Cream butter, coconut oil, and sugars together for 1 minute. 
Add eggs and vanilla and mix til well blended. 
Add all other ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and mix for 2-3 minutes. 
Add chocolate chips and mix till for 15 seconds, or just till mixed in. 
Bake for 12 minutes or till lightly brown. Let cool on pan for 2 mins then transfer to a cooling rack. 

No comments: